Aaron is a licensed real estate broker and lender, speaker, writer about technology and its impacts on real estate, a contributor on Forbes.com, BiggerPockets, and ThinkRealty Magazine, co-host of the Data-Driven Real Estate Podcast for PropertyRadar, and VP of Market Insights for PropertyRadar where he tackles insights into public records data to help Main Street small businesses disrupt disruptors.
He comes from generations of real estate investors and has been part of the family’s hard money loan business, The Norris Group, since 2005 where he also launched the award-winning radio show with his “Pops,” Bruce Norris. In addition, he’s been directly involved in raising over $2 million for local charities through events like “I Survived Real Estate” and Give BIG Riverside County.
- How you can use data to make investment decisions
- Using software to access real estate data
- Tips on getting your first off-market deal
- Advice for aspiring investors wanting to buy their first rental property
- How to use data to maximize a property’s highest and best use (i.e. – upzoning)
- Mortgage forbearance and eviction moratoriums
- Using data to drill down on a specific target
- Four step process to finding deals: DUCA – discover, understand, connect, & automate
1. What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Getting out of his head and pulling the trigger but overcome it by finally pulling the trigger and owning one.
2. Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Always learning through podcasts, and LinkedIn Learning.
3. Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
4. What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Building Wealth One House at A Time book by John Schaub
5. If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Better money habits. Drop the credit card, monitor your cash in and cash out, and find more ways to save than spend!
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!