Malyssa and Taylor Meek are a husband and wife team of real estate investors and Airbnb Superhosts, with W2’s as perfusionist and a lawyer. They’re using their individual skills to achieve financial freedom by investing in and managing Airbnb rental properties. Malyssa uses her expertise in finding and setting up a place, decorating, and curating an experience for their guests. Taylor focuses his attention on the backend, communicating with guests, handling bookings, and running the day-to-day operations. Currently, they are running three Airbnbs and also helping other investors manage their own Airbnb rentals.
- How Taylor and Malyssa got into the Airbnb model
- Airbnb versus long-term rental models
- Rules of thumb in analyzing short term rentals
- How to increase your Airbnb return
- Managing your Airbnb property remotely
- Scaling your Airbnb business
- Important qualitative features of Airbnb investment property
- How Taylor and Malyssa promote their Airbnb properties
1. What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Finding a cash-flowing property was difficult, but using an Airbnb model allowed them to buy a property and achieve the returns they needed.
2. Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Malyssa writes a daily journal on a list of priorities, and tasks.
- Taylor gets up early in the morning and works out.
3. Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
4. What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich book by Ramit Sethi
5. If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Rethink our approach to our career, how you look at debt and student loans and start in real estate as early as you can!
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!