Brandon Barnes is a real estate investor and owner of REI Live! Atlanta, a monthly meetup group. After being fired from his job as a production supervisor, he made an immediate pivot and chose to become a real estate investor focusing on wholesaling. Faced with a choice to either get another job and spend years trapped in a cubicle or work toward becoming a successful entrepreneur, he chose to keep his eyes on the prize as an entrepreneur. He quickly scaled his real estate company within 1 year and then got fired, but this time was different. He fired himself. This gave Brandon the flexibility to focus on building the business and leading his team. His team now operates his company successfully without his day-to-day involvement.
In his free time, Brandon spends his time with his wife and four kids. He is passionate about sharing his expertise and coaching students to take action and make money in real estate with his Send More Offers Coaching Program.
- How real estate wholesaling works and why it’s appealing
- Leveraging the power and ability of a team
- Working on the business, not in the business
- How to build a remote and automated business model
- How to maintain and build rapport with prospective sellers & buyers without meeting them personally
- How can a wholesaler best work with an investor and vice-versa
- Common mistakes and struggles in real estate investing
- How many leads, offers, and follow-ups it typically takes to get a deal
- Methods for finding off-market properties
- How to build a virtual and remote team
- 3 C’s of success in business
1. What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Financial constraints but consistency found his niche within a niche.
2. Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Reading books like E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber, Traction by Gabriel Weinberg, and Justin Mares, and Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
3. Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
4. What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
5. If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Network earlier.
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!
Connect with Brandon on Social Media