Mark Khuri is a real estate investor, CA Licensed Real Estate Broker, Managing Partner at Aerial Investment Management, Vice-President and Co-founder of SMK Capital Management LLC, a company that focuses on providing eligible investors with attractive returns through commercial income-producing real estate.
Mark has been an avid real estate investor for over 15 years and has sourced, underwritten, acquired, raised capital, renovated, managed, and sold both residential and commercial real estate investments throughout multiple markets in the US. He has analyzed hundreds of investment opportunities and has successfully bought, renovated, sold, and invested in over 120 properties with a combined value of over $1 billion and created and managed over 40 real estate partnerships with investors.
- Pivoting to deeply discounted distressed residential real estate
- Top four (4) asset classes that yield high returns
- What diversification means to Mark
- Importance of building relationships with operating partners
- Best investment opportunities today
- Underwriting multifamily deals
- Reasons why Mark rejected deals
1.What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Getting comfortable with the numbers. Therefore, surrounded himself with a partner that has the experience and hired a mentor to help him get started.
2. Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Wake up early, and read a lot.
3.Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
4. What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad book by Robert Kiyosaki
5. If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Start earlier and take advantage of the opportunity!
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!