Jorge Newbery is a serial entrepreneur, distressed debt and real estate investor, endurance athlete, author, a regular contributor to Huffington Post and other publications, speaker on debt, investing, finance, and housing issues, and Founder and CEO of American Homeowner Preservation (AHP), and PreREO. He also wrote the books, “Burn Zones”, and “Debt Cleanse: How to Settle Your Unaffordable Debts for Pennies On the Dollar (And Not Pay Some At All) that help people resolve debts and rebuild their lives.
His journey went from bike racing to the mortgage industry as a loan officer and branch manager and eventually started his own mortgage company with a partner. His lowest point in multifamily investing is when he found himself with a distressed property, rebuilding, and being wrecked by a natural disaster that left him with massive debts. Jorge never filed bankruptcy instead he applied a unique approach in investment philosophy to settle debts!
- Facing jail time with a distressed/condemned apartment building
- Tackling headache properties and overcoming massive challenges in distressed apartments
- What Jorge learned in the mortgage industry that he applied in his own investing company
- Lessons learned from losing a $26 million portfolio
- Benefits of investing in notes
- How to invest in distressed notes with PreREO
Burn Zones book by Jorge Newbery
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!