Charles Carillo is an entrepreneur, real estate investor, and managing partner of Harborside Partners, a real estate syndication firm where he owns over 250 multifamily units. He hosts a real estate investing podcast called Global Investors Podcast, which focuses on interviewing professional and international investors interested in investing in the U.S.
Charles grew up in a real estate family where his dad owned apartments. Later, he started his own journey of investing in multifamily in 2006 with a 3 unit. He eventually grew it into multifamily properties and built his portfolio.
- Self-Management versus Third-Party Management
- Perfect Blueprint for Scaling Properties
- The Mindset Shift of Bringing Equity Partners
- The Traits to look for in a Business Partner
- Why Traditional Value-Add is Not Wise during this Pandemic
- The Power of Networking
1. What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Taking the leap initially and raising the money. Overcome it by following up with successful people, and attending conferences and events to build networks.
2. Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Time-blocking using Google Calendar
3. Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Calendar Balance Source
4. What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
5. If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Live more strategic and figure out what you want exactly your 5, 10, and 15 years goals to be, and figure out what you can do daily, weekly, and monthly to achieve them.