Jerome Myers, also known as “J”, is a developer of people and place, an engineer, real estate entrepreneur, an expert in multifamily, investor, educator, coach, and the host of the podcasts DreamCatchers and Myers Methods Presents Multifamily Missteps. J is the founder and the Chief Inspiration Officer of DreamCatchers and the Myers Development Group, who built a multi-million-dollar portfolio following the principles of Myers Method – a real estate education company created to educate investors on his 4-step process to owning and operating apartments.
- Why engineers make great multifamily investors
- How to start in multifamily investing with no experience
- Joint venture model versus Syndication
- Why it’s an opportunity to be turned down by banks
- The process of Myers Method (4Fs)
- Mistakes to avoid when starting out in joint ventures
- The 4 challenges of every investor to overcome
- The power of using leverage in real estate
- Why invest in multifamily real estate
- Landlords responsibilities to their tenants & sense of community
What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it? –
- J couldn’t get into the game because he didn’t know anybody and he didn’t have the experience. J went out and met with people who were already in the field and learned from them.
Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Get up early and walk 6 miles a day to devote time to thinking, reflecting, & strategizing things.
Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Millionaire Success Habits book by Dean Graziosi
If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Go to your local REIA (real estate investment association) meeting. Educate yourself and go network.
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!
Fake by Robert Kiyosaki
Dream Catchers Podcast