Travis is the founder & CEO of Tribevest. He started his career with Morgan Stanley but realized the most direct path to true wealth and financial freedom is in the private markets. He is now a partner in several investor groups (he calls Tribes) that invest in SFRs (single-family-rentals), multifamily, and commercial real estate. However, his favorite investor group is the one that enabled him to own vacation homes and even a racehorse with his Brothers. Now his obsession is to level the playing field, and he knows first hand that forming investor groups is the great equalizer. As a result, he built Tribevest, an online platform where people can assemble their tribe, align, form, and operate their own investor group.
- The most direct path to true wealth and financial freedom
- Leveraging the power of your tribe
- Tribe Mentality, social contracts, and the great equalizer
- Hurdles and stigma of investing with friends and family
- How Tribevest can help people just like you
- Why a lot of tribes never get started
- How the Job Acts of 2012 has democratized private investments
1. What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Travis didn’t have the know-how, capital, or network but solved these challenges by forming an investor tribe.
2. Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Meditation, counting gratitude, a vision, and prayer every morning.
3. Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
4. What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Mindset book by Carol S. Dweck
5. If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Form investor tribe earlier, and told himself just how awesome the real estate is and why.
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!