Marcin Drozdz is a multifamily real estate investor, team builder, and Managing Partner at M1 Real Capital, focused on acquiring value-add multifamily properties throughout the southeast. He started investing in real estate in 2006 and has since sourced 9-figures in private capital that has helped acquire over 1,500 units across the US. He is also the host of “The Game” podcast.
Topics we discuss with Marcin include mindset, motivation, building networks, and capital raising. When he’s not on the lookout for opportunities, Marcin is teaching up-and-coming real estate investors how to raise capital & scale their real estate business.
Marcin was turned on to real estate as he read the Rich Dad, Poor Dad book. Now, he is having fun giving back, teaching, and growing. He is teaching and helping real estate investors how to raise capital and scale their real estate business.
How Marcin got involved in the real estate world
Investing in private equity funds
Tips on attracting and raising private capital
The 6 components of niche assessment
Advice for newbie real estate investors
1. What was your biggest hurdle in getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
Marcin’s credibility was tested and questioned and overcame it by doing the crap work.
2. Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Get up at 5:00 am in morning and take a few minutes to meditate and reflect.
3. Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Set google alerts that send you a curated weekly list of content you’re interested in.
4. What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- The Obstacle Is the Way book by Ryan Holiday
5. If you’d go back and give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started investing in real estate, what would you tell?
- Success is not a destination. Be in a state of being appreciative of where you’re at.
The Game Podcast
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!