Tim Milazzo is a commercial financing entrepreneur, and the co-founder & CEO of StackSource, a tech-enabled commercial real estate financing platform that has now completed more than $250 Million of commercial financing transactions. They are re-inventing the stagnant mortgage brokerage model with a tech-enabled marketplace/service.
Prior to StackSource, he worked for Facebook and Google where he helped expand B2B marketplaces in ad tech. Years ago, he interned at a top NYC real estate company before the current real estate tech wave.
- Technology-enabled commercial debt financing
- Understanding debt and financing for your next deal
- Different sources for debt financing
- Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS)
- Tim’s projections on interest rates
- Common financing mistakes to avoid
- Best financing options for buying properties
1. What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Did not have the time and the knowledge, therefore invest passively as a Limited Partner.
2. Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Exercise daily.
3. Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Subscribing to real estate, personal development, and tech podcasts
4. What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Who: The A Method for Hiring book by Geoff Smart
5. If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Start earlier in building relationships with people that you want to steal knowledge from, and start investing as an LP!
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!