Mark Kenney is a seasoned real estate investor, entrepreneur and founder of Think Multifamily. Mark started his real estate career over 20 years ago and has extensive experience in property valuation, acquisition, and operations. He has a passion for helping others succeed in the multifamily arena. Mark is invested in over 3,500 units and has a top-notch reputation among the multifamily investment community for providing exceptional value to investors and the community while being easy to work with.
Mark is a 1993 graduate at Michigan State University, Accounting and is a CPA. Mark has also provided IT technical and business consulting for 20 years and is leveraging his vast IT experience to bring new creative technologies that will help others in the multifamily space. He has worked for large organizations such as KPMG Consulting, EDS, SAP, and HP; he founded Simplifying-IT in 2008 which provides IT services to fortune 500 companies.
- Turning the corner from small multifamily properties to large apartment deals
- How to position yourself to raise capital
- What value you can bring to partnerships
- Real estate is a relationship business – you have to build personal relationships
- Be willing to be scared
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Mark’s biggest hurdle was the fear of raising capital. TO overcome that fear, he put himself out there by going to events and talking with people.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Always stay humble and exercise.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- The ABC’s or Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- You don’t have to start out small. Find someone who is doing what you want, and learn from them.
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!