Ivan Barratt is a multifamily owner and syndicator who specializes in FHA and Agency financed projects. Since 2010, Ivan Barratt has raised over 60 million in equity, acquired over 2500 units and grown BAM to a best-in-class management company. Today Ivan focuses his time on equity finance, acquisitions, and human capital.
Barratt Asset Management is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, and was formed in July 2010. BAM specializes in the acquisition and management of multifamily apartment communities. BAM provides an array of real estate services, utilizing the knowledge and strengths of its employees and local market expertise to achieve maximum benefit for community residents as well as investors. From humble beginnings, BAM has grown from the management of a few small properties to over $250 million in total assets under management and ownership
- Getting caught up in the speculation game, losing focus on the cash-flow game
- House hacking a duplex to 2,500+ units
- How Ivan has built a vertically integrated company
- Return on Equity vs. Cash on Cash returns
- Asset Management – what it means
- Why both the B and the I quadrant (from Rich Dad’s Cashflow Quadrant) are important
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Fear and analysis paralysis.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Ivan listens to good content on self-development, sales, and real estate.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Podcasts, BiggerPockets, and Audible
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Tell them all the things he’s figured out at 30 – focusing on cash flow!