Rodney is a Texas native currently living and doing business in Oklahoma City. He has owned and operated a wide array of businesses ranging from a chain of medical practices, to a music rehearsal studio and, of course, his current real estate holding company. His real estate business owns and manages over 100 single-family homes, commercial investments, and multi-family properties.
Rodney shares his industry expertise as the author of two books: Who Wants to Be a Real Estate Success Story? and A Beginner’s Guide to Private Lending. He also frequently speaks at local real estate clubs and hosts round-table discussions on topics involving real estate investment.
Rodney has purchased over 185 houses since 2003, during which time he has flipped, rehabbed, lease optioned, and rented just about every level of home and commercial property that you can imagine. Rodney’s portfolio also includes a long history of private lending, purchasing under-performing notes and mortgages, and alternative retirement investing using traditional and Roth IRA structures to purchase real estate.
- Transitioning from a 100+ house portfolio to multifamily investing
- What to do when an apartment building catches fire during due diligence
- Buying a 100 unit property as a first-time syndicator
- Leveraging your team’s experience
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- The mindset was 99.9% of the hurdle. Rodney surrounded himself with people involved in multifamily.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Wake up early and work out.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco
- If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Get it together. Take action.
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!