Jens Nielsen is the principal Open Doors Capital. He has raised almost $1M for apartment deals and has invested in over 800 apartment units, 500 mobile park lots and over 4500 storage units plus mortgage note funds and private money lending. Jens has strong experience in evaluating deals and assembling a team to renovate and operate the properties. Jens has a long career in IT, giving him strong analytical skills and a great ability to assess risks in complex deals.
- Starting with small multi-family properties
- Buying seller financed deals
- The benefits of joining a mentoring program
- Exploring multifamily and other asset classes
- How to find deals out of state
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Fear of the unknown. Jens took action and bought his first deal.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Jen has a morning routine where he starts his day with intention.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Streak – CRM for Gmail
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Take action. Try to find a balance with work and life.
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!