Cliff Hayden is a real estate investor, broker-owner of Altec Properties, and founder of
ShowMeTheRental.com, a unique online service that automates the most difficult part of
property management: finding and screening qualified tenants.
Cliff knows the importance of finding the right balance of priorities in life, especially as
a business owner. This quest for a more abundant life inspired Cliff to walk away from
his fruitful career and into the often-chaotic world of real estate investing. After quitting
his day job to pursue real estate investing as a career, Cliff found himself overwhelmed
by the responsibilities of managing multiple properties, keeping the business running
smoothly, and finding time for his family. As someone who’s personally struggled with
this juggling act, Cliff knows the emotional, mental, and physical toll it can take on real
estate investors, property managers, or landlords — whether it’s their full-time career or
This struggle was Cliff’s impetus to develop ShowMeTheRental.com, which screened all
his leads so he didn’t have to. ShowMeTheRental.com takes all leads (phone, email, or
text) and pre-screens them with customized questions, then arrange for qualified leads
to see the home, follows up with these leads, and even takes care of the application
process — leaving more time for property managers to work on the things that matter
most, like spending quality time with their loved ones or growing their business.
- Building a Business Around Your Lifestyle
- Vacation rentals – VRBO and AirBNB
- Building processes and systems to automate your business
- Cliff’s mistake – making money a goal and not a tool
- Finding and screening qualified tenants
- How a “failed” drug test led Cliff to living his best life
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Fear of the unknown. Cliff just jumped in and got started.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Cliff lives by the Golden Rule – he treats others how he wants to be treated.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Learn about vacation rentals and buy nicer properties.
Visit Audible for a free trial and free audiobook download!