147: Hard Money with Ryan Wright
Ryan Wright – Entrepreneur, Real Estate Investor & Hard Money Lender
Ryan G Wright is the CEO of DoHardMoney.com. Almost 10 years ago, Ryan started investing in fix and flip properties. He soon saw that it was difficult to get funding quickly on these properties, much less from reputable and reliable sources. He saw a need and filled it: he founded Do Hard Money.com. Coming from a background of real estate investing, he understood the needs investors have. He wanted to provide a way for others to grow their real estate investing business by offering short term loans with no money down and no monthly payments. The solution was Do Hard Money, a private hard money company that offers short-term funding for real estate investors.
He began his career in real estate at 21, working in the mortgage industry. The Salt Lake Board of Realtors named him the “Real Estate Rookie of the Year” his first year in the industry. His previous real estate company won “Best of State” for the state of Utah. He was also awarded the State of Utah Young Entrepreneur award in 1996. Having completed hundreds of short sales in his career, he has first-hand experience in closing successful short sales and going through the process from a lender’s perspective.
- The life cycle of a real estate investor
- Your first deal likely won’t be a home run, but do it anyways!
- Renting slightly under market to decrease vacancy
- Building out separate business ventures from your original niche
- Hard money – what it is, when and who should use it
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Fear as a big hurdle. With the support and confidence from his wife, Ryan was able to get started.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Early to bed, early to rise. No TV, and always learning.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Sleep Cycle App
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Start sooner! Find someone who will help you along your journey. Lear from their mistakes and successes. Stand on the shoulder of giants.
Click here for a free digital download of How to Get All The Money You Could Ever Handle: A Real Estate Investor’s Guide To Funding Deals by Ryan Wright
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!
Check out Commercial Loan Success , using this link for special pricing.