Brent Kawakami – Millennial, Engineer, Apartment Syndicator
Brent is currently invested in 450 multifamily units in Texas, Georgia, and Ohio. He started investing in real estate in 2012 buying, rehabbing, and renting single-family houses in the Dallas, TX area but eventually sold these properties to move into multifamily. He is a protégé of Mark and Tamiel Kenney of Think Multifamily, owners of ~3000 multifamily units across cities like Dallas, Atlanta, and Memphis. Brent has a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin and is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas.
- From engineer to apartment syndicator
- Engineering a life you want
- The importance of having a mentor
- Evaluating your strengths and weaknesses
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Lack of experience. Brent looked to people doing what he wanted, and learned from them.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Brent focuses on The Power 5 every day, which he writes in his notebook
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Start earlier – jump into real estate quicker!
Contact Brent at Brent@hellomultifamily.com
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!