David Pere – Marine, Investor, Entrepreneur
David is an active duty Marine, and has been for 10 years, where he specializes in transportation and logistics, and has spent time as a recruiter for the military as well. Throughout his tenure, David has traveled all over the world, faced adversity, and learned from many cultures! He enjoys hiking, investing, and spending time with his family!
In 2015 David was pointed towards real estate investing by a friend. After reading books and researching online he decided to take action and bought a duplex! David lived in one side, and rented the other side out to cover the mortgage payment. That moment changed his life for the better!
From Military To Millionaire is David’s journey, and his goal is to help you become a millionaire!
- House hacking a duplex to avoid paying rent
- Using a HELOC to buy an 10 unit apartment building
- Investing in continental United States, while living in Hawaii
- How to protect your downside
- Do not let your income limit your wealth
- Setting 10X goals
- Learn, network, and take action!
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Education was a hurdle. David delved into the world of real estate via podcasts, audio books, and networking.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- David practices a morning routine inspired by Hal Elrod’s The Miracle Morning.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Read, network, and take action!
Check out the Ep. 281 of the BiggerPockets podcast, with David, Jacob, and Bill as co-guests!
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!