Damion Lupo’s real estate investing career began almost 20 years ago when he bought his ﬁrst rental income property with a Visa card and a $6,000 cash advance. Damion went to every seminar he could ﬁnd and did everything the coaches told him and still ended up almost declaring bankruptcy because he was doing the fun stuff, but not the hard work.
He flipped a switch, did the work it took to be successful and in the next 5 years built up a $20 million portfolio with 150 properties including houses, apartment buildings and condos, but lost everything in the 2008 crash.
Damion rebuilt his investing career and went on to become a sort of genetic entrepreneur, having started and owned more than 35 different businesses. He’s also the world’s most unemployable man.
Damion’s role in the real estate industry today is as a lender where he can live the lifestyle he wants while building his wealth and advising the investors he partners with.
- Being the world’s most unemployable man.
- The 6 basic needs
- Embracing the future rather than fearing the future
- Playing to win, not playing to not lose
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Damion was contantly second guessing himself. He eventually just jumped in and took action.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success.
- Using the blank slate principal by meditating. Also journaling and planning.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Buttons that turn off notification from email, Facebook, etc.
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Reinvented Life by Damion Lupo
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Always have a coach