Before entering the multifamily investment arena, Dr. Robbins owned a number of companies including multiple medical practices, a coffee shop, a 1,500 member gym, and a number of real estate investments. These real estate investments included a small apartment complex, a 32,000 square foot retail shopping center which houses his medical practice, and a number of single family properties. Dr. Robbins received a congressional nomination to attend West Point Military Academy but his lifelong passion for baseball led him to accept a collegiate baseball scholarship. He and his wife Anita live on a farm in South Central Virginia where they have raised 10 children including 8 that were adopted. Dr. Robbins is now fully committed to helping others reach their financial goals using the Wellings Capital multifamily wealth generation platform.
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it? Information gap.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success? Brian stick with things until he gets it right, and doesn’t take no for an answer.
- Do you have a favorite online resource? Multifamily Executive Magazine
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why? The Perfect Investment, by Paul Moore
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self, what would it be? Do not wait to get started in Real Estate
- Building a real estate portfolio to get out of your day job.
- Making your hobby pay you.
- Multi use commercial property.
- Everyone is a winner in multifamily – the seller, lenders, owner, tenants, investors, etc.
Brian’s Reasons Why
Brian has adopted 8 children and is passionate about helping people. Along with his partners, Brian is a social entrepreneur. He is focused on being a responsible citizen and fighting human trafficking through entrepreneurship.
Short term goal is to increase 4-6 properties, and then longer term start an investment fund.
The Perfect Investment, by Paul Moore
Visit Audible for a free trail, and a free audio book download.
“Done! The professionals guide to double digit returns, multigenerational wealth, and a worry-free retirement.” – by Brain Robbins