Listen to this episode (0:36:36)
Want more great content?
Sign up for exclusive content, and be the first to know when new content is released!
Robert Martinez – the Apartment Rockstar
Robert founded Rockstar Capital in March 2011 and since directed the growth of Rockstar’s portfolio to 19 apartment communities consisting of 3,243 rental units. He entered the multifamily industry in March 2007 when he co-founded a previous management company and oversaw operations of 11 apartment communities consisting of over 2,000 units. Since 2011, he has directed the underwriting, acquisition, and management of 30 apartment communities consisting of greater than 5,243 rental units.
Robert holds an Engineering Degree from Texas A&M University and in 2013 earned the National Apartment Association Independent Rental Owner of the Year Paragon Award. Under Robert’s visionary leadership, Rockstar Capital and its staff have earned 15 city, state and national apartment awards as well as being named #15 in the Fast 100 Fastest growing companies with the Houston Business Journal. Robert shares a passion for soccer with his two boys, Ryan and Conner and enjoys supporting their daily efforts in local club soccer. Robert’s favorite saying is:
“You only have one life. If you don’t like your situation, do something about it.”
Rockstar Capital Management is a superior real estate organization founded in 2011 as an investment and property management company. With a dedicated hands-on approach, each of Rockstar’s communities are managed by a seasoned team of professionals that pride themselves in taking care of its managed properties and valued residents. Rockstar’s highly motivated and well-trained team provides the highest quality of service and expertise in managing multifamily properties.
Members of Rockstar Capital Management are top in the industry and have received numerous awards for workplace excellence. It validates that their properties operate with market-leading occupancy, resident retention, and profitability.
- The myth of saving your money and retiring with a nest egg
- Breaking into the multifamily apartment space
- Building your network and marketing yourself
- Do whatever it takes to be successful
- Buy one deal and guard it with your life
- Reputation is everything – you have to have a great online presence
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Fear. You’re not taught about real estate investing in school. Overcome that by taking action. Real estate is not risky with the right education and action.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Robert challenges himself and makes sure he’s constantly living the life he wants.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Rober Kiyosaki
- If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Don’t be afraid because you WILL figure it out. You have to try things – you’re built to succeed, not fail.
Connect with Robert on Social Media here