Listen to this episode (0:37:28)
Want more great content?
Sign up for exclusive content, and be the first to know when new content is released!
Kris Benson is the chief investment officer for Reliant Investments, a subsidiary of Reliant Real Estate Management and one of the top 30 commercial self-storage operators in the U.S. in 2018. Kris is part of the investment committee and develops institutional-quality self-storage investment opportunities for accredited investors.
Kris’s investing goals have always been about changing the paradigm of trading time for money in order to have time for more of the things we love to do. Likewise, investing in real estate has been Kris’s steadfast path to passive income and he is passionate about inspiring others to change their mindset around investing for their future.
- Continuously pushing yourself out of your comfort zone
- Finding your strengths and playing to those
- Finding motivation beyond money
- Building a portfolio of small multifamily properties, then scaling with syndication
- Three pillars – returns, protection, opportunity
- Investing in self-storage
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Fear and lack of knowledge. By taking advantage of self-education resources like BiggerPockets, and then taking action, Kris was able to get started.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Kris figures out what needs to be done and then executes.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Shoe Dog – Phil Knight
- If you were to give advice to your 20-year-old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Do it sooner! The best tool in all of investing is time – take advantage of it.
KrisBenson.com (coming soon)
Visit Audible for a free trial, and a free audiobook download