Pero Real Estate was formed in 2001 by Jason and Nadia Pero when they purchased their first duplex. They now own and operate over 650 residential rental apartments in Erie/Northwest Pennsylvania. PRE’s primary focus is the acquisition and rehabilitation of distressed residential housing. We look to be part of the revitalization of downtown Erie by improving it’s overall housing stock one property at a time.
Jason and Nadia make their home in Erie where they raise their 2 children. They are active members of the Apartment Association of Northwestern Pennsylvania. Jason has served on the Board of Directors since 2008.
- Starting with a duplex and scaling to over 600 units
- Growing a portfolio without partners
- Personal development as the fuel for your growth
- The importance of building relationships
- Being the best in your market
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Money and age factor. Jason didn’t have any money. He took the first $3500 he earned and invested it in real estate.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Jason tries to exercise every day and read every day.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Real estate Facebook groups
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Enjoy the journey and create some balance.
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!
Jason Pero’s BiggerPockets profile
Jason Pero’s Facebook profile