Juan Vargas, host of the Commit To Wealth Podcast, is a full time entrepreneur and real estate investor with a focus on multifamily. Juan’s desire to be involved in his family’s lives is what drove him to quit his job as a BMW Technician to pursue real estate investing full time.
After buying his very first home, to doing some flips and eventually deciding to pursue apartments, Juan has gone on to control over 200 apartments. Juan has been able to purchase apartments by finding creative ways to find, finance, and form partnerships.
- Understanding the importance of hard work
- Going from single family to multifamily investments
- Creative ways to crack into multifamily – partnering, financing, and finding off market deals
- Educate yourself, but also take action – you don’t have to know everything
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Fear of the unknown. The best way to overcome that fear is to take action.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Juan reads every day, and joins up on weekly and biweekly calls with like-minded people.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Facebook groups
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Work to earn, not work to learn. Find someone who is doing what you want, and learn from them.
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!