Omar Khan – Chartered Financial Analyst, Investor, & Wealth Manager
Omar is the founder and President of Boardwalk Wealth, a private equity firm located in Dallas, Texas.
Omar and his team at Boardwalk Wealth help international investors with US-based multifamily real estate opportunities. Their unique focus is helping Canadians identify ideal commercial real estate in the Southern United States.
Omar is responsible for capital raising, strategic planning and investor relations. He has over 10 years of global investment experience.He has participated in capital financing and M&A transactions valued at $3.7 billion. He is a CFA Charterholder and graduated with honors from the University of Toronto with a B.Com in Finance.
Omar moved from Canada and lives in Texas with his wife and newborn son.
- Investing internationally – following markets that meet your investment criteria
- Buying vs. renting – what is right for you?
- How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act affect single family vs. multifamily investing
- So you’re going to rent and invest in multifamily. Now what?
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Building a network, and creating relationships organically.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Omar is very organized and lives by his calendar.
- Do you have an online resource you find valuable?
- Omar is an avid reader, and also listens to podcasts
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Investing in Real Estate Private Equity by Sean Cook
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Continue building more and more relationships.
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!