Listen to this episode (0:43:34)
Want more great content?
Sign up for exclusive content, and be the first to know when new content is released!
Karen Briscoe – Investor, Author, & Realtor
Karen Briscoe is principal owner of the Huckaby Briscoe Conroy Group (HBC) with Keller Williams. The HBC Group has been recognized by the Wall Street Journal as one of the 250 Top Realtor® teams in the United States. Further the team has ranked in the top 100 teams with Keller Williams International every year since 2009, the year the group joined KW. The team consists of Karen, her business partner Lizzy Conroy, a managing director, staff of four and seven associate agents.
Karen began her real estate career developing residential lots with the Trammel Crow Company in Dallas, Texas. In Northern Virginia she worked in commercial real estate with The Staubach Company prior to entering residential sales. Karen earned a Master’s degree from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas and received her BA from Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri–her hometown. Karen recently completed the John Maxwell Team Certification Program for Coaching, Speaking and Training. Karen is a contributor to Inman and Real Trends.
- Becoming an accidental landlord
- Defining your investing principals and sticking to them
- Identifying qualitative vs. quantitative parameters for your investments
- Not trying to buy home runs, rather slow and steady
- Buying in the path of progress
- Success in 5 Minutes a Day
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Karen experienced the savings and loan crisis, and that fear held her back. By pursuing opportunities, Karen took action and overcame that fear.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Karen practices a morning routing, inspired by Hal Elrod’s Miracle Morning.
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Start now. Take action. Buy by the fundamentals and have a good strong hold strategy.
Real Estate Success in 5 Minutes per Day by Karen Briscoe
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!