Matt Faircloth is the President and Co-founder of The DeRosa Group which is a developer and owner of commercial and residential property with a mission to “transform lives through real estate.” Matt got started investing in Real Estate 12 years ago, with a $30,000 loan as seed capital. Since then he has grown from nothing to a 6 person company controlling over 150 units of residential and commercial properties throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. DeRosa who is based in Trenton, NJ has completed over 15 million in real estate transactions involving private capital including fix and flips, single family home rentals, mixed use buildings, apartment buildings, and tax lien investments.
Matt Faircloth is an active contributor to the Bigger Pockets Blog and was featured on the BP Podcast twice, along with many other Podcasts and Radio Shows. He is also the former chair of the South Jersey Real Estate Investors (SJRIEA) chapter in Princeton NJ
- Raising private money – how, where why
- Creating win-win relationships
- Under-promise, over-deliver
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Staying focused. Matt didn’t initially have goals. Whatever he could do that would be productive, is what he would do.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success.
- Matt wakes up early and plans his day. He plans actions every day and week based on his goals.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- BiggerPockets and other podcasts
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Matt stayed in his comfort zone in his early 20’s. Matt’s biggest growth has come when acting into his fears, and getting out of his comfort zone. Don’t quit, keep moving, and don’t let your motions get in the way!