James Kandasamy is an award winning multifamily deal syndicator. James has overseen the acquisition of 5 large apartment complexes totaling 800 Units in Central TX. James started in investing in real estate with single family properties and now controls a portfolio valued at $56M. With a background in engineering, James takes us through his journey from an employee to apartment deal syndicator.
- Double closing to pull out equity
- Starting with single family properties
- Transitioning into apartments
- Focusing on your legacy
- Measuring success
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Mindset shift. By reading The Magic of Thinking Big, James was able to overcome his mindset.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- James wakes up early every morning and practices a morning routine.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Buy sooner and hold.
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!