Edna Keep, a former financial adviser, has built a real estate portfolio to over 437 doors with a value of $47 million over the past nine years. All except the first two properties were bought with the help of other people’s money.
Edna, along with her husband, Warren, an own 14 doors personally and the rest with joint venture partners. Most of these partners are passive investors looking for a great rate of return without being actively involved in generating it.
- Using partnerships to scale into multifamily properties
- Mutual funds vs. real estate assets
- Chasing fulfillment after achieving financial freedom
- Partnering with someone who compliments your strengths and weaknesses
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Lack of knowledge. Edna took courses, and started with a Robert Kiyosaki course
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Every day Edna goes to work and keeps moving
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Don’t go at it alone. Get a mentor.
Visit Audible for a free trail and free audio book download!