Dr. Matt Motil is a real estate investor and agent. He’s had the pleasure of working with hundreds of investors from all over the world and helped them to grow massive wealth and passive income through remote real estate investments. Dr. Matt leads a retail real estate team working with buyers and sellers servicing all 50 states. When he has the spare time, he teaches college courses as an adjunct professor at a handful of colleges and universities.
Before real estate, Dr. Matt spent 17 years as a project manager and licensed engineer in the construction industry building bridges, highways and industrial plants throughout the United States. Through research and firsthand experiences, he’s leveraged his passions to become an author, mentor, and teacher, and he helps people all over the world unlock their passions to achieve their highest potential.
From getting fired, to teaching others how to fire their boss, Dr. Matt brings a high level of energy and raw personality with his approach to financial freedom.
- From getting fired, to teaching people fire their boss
- Transitioning from an engineering career to a full-time real estate investor
- An overnight success, years in the making
- A formal degree in business, with no idea how to start a business
- How to break out of the middle class
- Holding onto mistakes, because you spent a lot of time making them
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Matt’s biggest hurdle was himself. By being consistent, that voice eventually quiets down.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success?
- Morning routine
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- BiggerPockets and podcasts, both real estate and business
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Start now. It’s going to work out. Fail faster.
Man on Fire by Matt Motil