Our lives are made up of countless experiences. Our mind processes each of these experiences and then creates a story around that particular experience – either positive or negative. This story is what sticks with us and becomes a belief. Negative experiences often lead to negative stories, while positive experiences lead to positive stories. It’s here we want to focus on changing our perception of our experiences.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. – Charles R. Swindoll
We can learn to react positively to our experiences. Let’s face it, we all have limiting beliefs – whether, those are self-doubts of our physical or mental attributes, lack of confidence, comparison to others, or anything else that causes us to doubt ourselves. If you can learn to overcome these limiting beliefs and search for the positive aspects of your experiences, then you will be much more prepared for success.
Here are some common limiting beliefs real estate investors have, especially starting out.
- I don’t have any experience or background in real estate investing.
- I don’t have time or money to invest
- I don’t even know where to start.
Each of these limiting beliefs can beovercome with simply the right mindset. Here are some positive perspectives you can take with each of these limiting beliefs.
- I don’t have any experience or background in real estate investing. No one was born with a real estate investing background. You, like anyone else, can learn how to invest in real estate.
- I don’t have time or money to invest. This is a common misconception. Most of the time you only need, one or the other, not necessarily both. You can buy a rental property for a fraction of the value with a down payment and using other people’s money for the rest. No time? No problem. There are many ways to use other people’s time, like property managers, turnkey providers, or investing passively in deals.
- I don’t even know where to start. Start where you feel comfortable. Learn what interests you. If you like math and have an analytical mind, learn about the finance side of real estate investing. If you like building systems and processes, learn about property management. Take the first step and you’ll soon find yourself along the path that fits you best.
For every limiting belief, there is a positive story you can tell yourself that will trick your mind into turning that limiting belief into an empowering belief.
Think of a limiting belief like a ball and chain on your ankle, dragging you down. Being aware of limiting beliefs and approaching them with a positive can-do mindset, will be like cutting that ball and chain free.
Don’t get dragged down by your own limiting beliefs. Don’t let you be in the way of your own success.
Practice creating positive stories around every limiting belief and negative experience you have. Soon enough, all the reasons that used to hold you back or make you second guess yourself will be reasons why you should take action.
You have every right to an unlimited future. You just have to realize it first.
Focus on a positive mindset, unlimited future, and massive levels of success.