Ivan Barratt is a multifamily owner and syndicator who specializes in FHA and Agency financed projects. Since 2010, Ivan Barratt has raised over 20 million in equity, acquired over 1200 units and grown BAM to a best-in- class management company. Today Ivan focuses his time on equity finance, acquisitions, and human capital. Currently, his companies manage well over 100 million in assets comprising over 1,700 units.
- Transitioning from small multifamily properties to large syndications
- HUD financing – 35 yr. fixed rate
- Debt vs. Equity partners
- Using a management company to find deals
- What was your biggest hurdle getting started in real estate investing, and how did you overcome it?
- Fear and analysis paralysis.
- Do you have a personal habit that contributes to your success.
- Ivan forces himself to listening to good content on self development, sales, and real estate.
- Do you have an online resource that you find valuable?
- Podcasts, BiggerPockets, and Audible
- What book would you recommend to the listeners and why?
- If you were to give advice to your 20 year old self to get started in real estate investing, what would it be?
- Tell them all the things he’s figured out at 30 – focusing on cash flow!